Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Another year without sending out a Christmas Card so this will have to do.

It it truly amazing to think about all the life altering changes that we have encountered this year. Currently we are in a really good place. We love our home in South Weber, Jared's job as an estimator for an excavation company is going really well as they quickly learn how talented, hard working and valuable he his as an employee and are continually giving him more and more responsibilities.
Joshua is loving his school and doing extremely well. He reads at levels twice at what they are suppose to be. Joshua is very kind and helpful and I love watching him with the babies. He is an amazing big brother.
William and I are learning to get a long. He is really sweet and loving. Always telling be how much he loves me. Will is very creative and loves to sing and dance in front of an audience, I can't imagine where he gets it.
The babies are running around everywhere and it is so fun to watch them! They are finally really interacting with each other. The chase each other around the house laughing as they fall and bump into one another. They play and share and fight. This is a magical age with twins and I am loving every minute.
Me, well I am happy and staying busy, very busy. I think I am getting better at the mom of 4 thing and learning to take big breathes before any "freaking out". I also have worked hard this year in loosing almost 50 pounds and it feels really really good.
Honestly when I think about how we survived this past year I realize we would not have if it were not for so many loving family and friends. This time last year Jared was working on the oil rigs out in Wyoming and gone a week at time as I learned to try to cope without him with two very demanding little babies. His sweet grandmother Blanche came and spent several of those weeks with me to give me a much needed extra set of hands and company. Thank you Blanche, we love you so much!
My dad made that possible by driving to Wyoming from Heber (2 hours) to pick up Blanche in the snow, then bring her to my house (2 hours) and then turn around and drive home (1 hour). I was so grateful. Thank you dad.
My mom has taken the boys for several nights and weekends to give me a break (Pretty sure it is the only reason William survived the year) Their days with Grandma are filled with homemade play dough, trips to the park, feeding ducks and even swimming at the pool-they love their time with Grandma and it is hard to talk them into coming home. Thank you mom.
Friends have randomly come by to take the boys for a little distraction and they love their visits from their auntie Jessica who comes to visit whenever she has a day off. Thank you all so much.
My brother Eli and his beautiful wife Gwen have a special place in my heart this year and I miss them living in the neighborhood. They have been very kind and generous throughout the year. Eli calls all the time just to check in and make sure I am okay and the first one to offer any kind of assistance and I am forever grateful. Thank you so much!
Both Eli's wife and Jessica are expecting babies in the summer and I am so excited for them and can't wait to start returning favors although I am pretty sure I will always been in their debt!
I get emotional every time I think about our summer in Alaska with Jared's family. It came at a much needed time in our lives and again we are so grateful for the love, support we felt and for so many amazing adventures in just one summer. We miss you all and love you so so much.
I feel so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. Thank you all so much!
I guess it is a good thing that I didn't try to get this all out on a postcard this year. Thank you all we love you all so much. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

annie said...

Merry Christmas you guys. That picture with Santa is priceless.

I need to come see you again.

Loves ya,

Annemarie

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Wait! You are back!!! I totally want to come play! Too bad I have a job and can't just run down for a day! Next time we are passing though I will give you a call! Yeah!!! That picture with the twins crying rocks!!!1

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Thanks for stopping by when you were in town! It made me so happy! Your kids are so cute and you look HOT!!!