Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Moose Hunt Day 1










So yesterday Jared had his last day of fishing and today left for moose hunting (it is a rough life!) There may only be a day 1 of the moose hunt on the blog because Jared gets so wrapped up in the moment that he usually forgets to take any pictures. Jared, Garth (dad) and friend Dave Mastolier left today for their 2 week long dream moose hunt. Loaded with their Muddox and Argos, guns, ammo, tents, coolers, giant outhouse (that they built here, took apart and will rebuild there) and maybe a few changes of clothes they set off this morning for their 12 hour drive to...I guess I don't know...somewhere still in Alaska where Garth and Dave own 40 acres each with a small cabin for them to use for their (not Jared's) annual moose hunt.
I won't talk to them till they return so I pray that they are safe and that Jared is having the time of his life...cause he is going to owe me HUGE!!!!!

And of course I had to throw in a couple of baby pictures! The babies were being particularly quiet and when I went to go and see what they were up to...this is what I found!

6 comments:

CKW said...

The last thing you want to give one year old twins is Mt. Dew, right! :-) They would be awake for three days straight. They are so cute pretending to drink though.

Jenn Tobin said...

LOL, those pictures of Gabe and Gracey, are freaking ADORABLE!!!! I about died! Have fun. I am so sorry you have to join me in single motherhood, it sucks!

Jessica & Royce said...

Well everybody else is commenting on the babies. But I am so excited for Jared. I wouldn't be able to sleep for a month if I knew I was going on a hunting trip like that. I am positive that Jared loves you so much for letting him go on this trip. Just ask Jessica. I went on a hunting trip last weekend, but Jessica was able to get two dine out dinners out of me, two pairs of shoes, and two new books she wants to read. The hunting trips just makes the husbands love their wife's more. Get a big one Jared.

Oh and how the heck did they get that Muddox in the back of that truck. That is awesome.

Anonymous said...

you are such a supportive wife - that is a lot of hunting, fishing, gaming, etc. What fun for Jared, though! Your kids are way cute!

Bradshaw Adventures said...

I had better get more then a freakin dinner and new shoes!! Like my own get away!!! Jessica gets a break while you are gone too...for now-that does change with kids at home doesn't matter if it is 1 or 4!! So enjoy it now Royce-it took Jared 9 years of marriage before a trip like this one and it will take another 9 more before another one!
Jen I am not so supportive-Fishing was work and we saw a pay check for it-the hunting for 2 weeks is once it a life time!
Royce never saw him load the muddox but i know he has a ramp-and made sure he bought a truck that it would fit in.

Bundy Family said...

Good luck to Jared. I hope you survive the two weeks. I can't survive just a weekend. Love the Mt Dew drinkers. I love the refreshing picture of Gabe.