Sunday, June 7, 2009

Alaska Adventures in June


Yes this is a real bear, no Josh did not shoot it! This picture was taken on our front lawn!
This morning at about 7am Blue (our german shorthair) would not stop barking. I was still in bed trying to keep the babies from waking up because of the barking when all the sudden there was a huge BANG! I ran down stairs thinking that someone had shot our dog and there was a dead bear in the middle of the lawn. My father-in-law shot it. It was going throught the dumpster and eating the dog food. It had to be shot-once they find food they will come back again and again!



Cousins Joshua and Kaleb

My Niece Nevaeh
Gull Island
We loaded up the kids on Jared's boat and went fishing on Jared's day off

Babies loved the movement of the boat

We caught cod just outside of the harbor. As soon as they let the hook down they would get a bit! The boys loved it!
Gull Island or Poop rock-thousands and thousands of birds!









Our King Crab Feast! Don't forget the prawns, shrimp and scallops too!

I just have to say that my boys are having so many amazing experiences while here in Alaska! How many 3 an 6 year olds get to say that they dug for clams, fished on a giant halibut charter, saw Puffins and sea otters, eat fresh seafood right off the boat and touched a real bear! I hope to catch every minute and record so they have some proof that they did all these things before they forget!

8 comments:

Jaymerz said...

I think they are going to remember this for a life time, it is amazing!! I only wish I was up there enjoying it with you, but you know that ;).

The Brown Family said...

How much fun!!!! I am sure they are loving life.
You look great in your picture. I love your hair long.
We miss you!

~Kreitzers said...

That's AWESOME you're having so many adventures! As crazy as it was, this proves that sometimes things happen for a reason. You've got me convinced Alaska's the place to be and I want to come visit!

Alyson said...

Ohh, I love Alaska! Jon and I have been on 2 cruises there, but you're making me extremely jealous with those HUGE crab legs! What an amazing experience! I'm glad you are having a great time and making the most of your summer there! Your babies are getting so big and are just so adorable! And you look great! I'm thinking I might have to come and visit with Ang! :)

Bradshaw Adventures said...

Oh my Gosh!! Come visit - ALL OF YOU!!!!

annie said...

Holy Cow! a BEAR!!! how scary! but how cool! Yes you better keep takin pictures because those kids won't believe that they did all those cool and exciting things, they'll think that they conjured them up in their minds.

You guys look so happy, I guess that is what nature will do for you.

Keep having fun, I'm excited to see more fun and exciting adventures from you guys. Just be careful with the bears!! :)

camille said...

you are taking visitors??? My husband would LOVE Alaska even though he won't eat anything that lived or died in the water. I will eat it ALL! Wait, how long is that flight? I would HAVE to bring my boys, right?

Tammylulu said...

Look at all that seafood. I'm jealous. It does look really wonderful. ANd here Darlene was so nervous to serve her mission up there and it looks great.