Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Twins Update

Little Gracey
Gracey
Little Gabe
Gabe


These pics were taken today. The doctors keeps telling us that it looks worse than it is.
Gabe-Is fighting an infection of some kind which they believe is causing his respitory distress. He is on a ventilator to help him breathe easier while he heals. He also has an IV in the top of his head to give him the antibiotics. He has an NG tube in his nose to feed him and the rest of the wires are for monitoring. They put both him and Gracey on the lights for very low levels of jaundice. He has about five more days of antibiotics and hopefully he will show a huge improvement and be taken of the ventilators and start to nurse. They both have to be eating on their own and breathing on their own before coming home (hopefully we see no more than 2 weeks total in the NICU) but only time will tell.
Gracey-is doing much better than her brother. She was only on the ventilator for the first 12 hours and has been off ever since. She is on O2 and has a couple of days left of antibiotics. She just needs to keep he O2 levels up and start to eat and she would beat her brother home
Me-I tested positive to Strep Throat this afternoon and have to stay away from the NICU for at least 48 hours after starting the antibiotics. This is the worst timing and I am overwhelmingly heart broken about not seeing my babies everyday. Hopefully timing will be on our side and they will be able to try nursing when I am able to see them again. So Jared continues to go to the hospital for us both and my mom came tonight and was able to hold Gracey for the first time.
It has been an emotional few days and til our babies our home we will toss and turn at night, but we know that everything will be fine it's just a matter of when.
Thank you for everyone who has wished us well, included us in their prayers, came to visit, fed us, and helped with babysitting. We are very blessed. I will continue to keep everyone posted as best as I can.

6 comments:

Lee said...

ohh Britney, my heart aches that you cant be with them. What awful timing to get strep throat.
I am thinking of you daily.
I cant believe you had those 2 amazing little babies in your stomache!!!
I am so proud of you.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I feel very sad reading this! I feel for you and the sadness and longing you must feel. We will pray for your family.

The Baker Family - a red thread said...

Ok Jared, I have lurked around, reading this blog occasionally since you sent me the link to it, but I just had to comment and say congratulations to you and Britny on those two sweet babies. I hope the babies get strong fast so they can come home and Britny feels better (strep sucks). Your family will be in my prayers. Take care!

The Sharp's said...

Jared and Britney-
Grandma told me that you had your babies and gave me your blog address. They are so sweet! Congratulations- we hope that they come home soon. NICU is no fun. Your family is in our prayers.
Jana

Karlea said...

Ahhhhh...sweet babies! Congratulations to you both. They are just beautiful. We'll pray they can come home soon. Much love to you all!

Michael Levergood said...

another update already? I mean, it's not like you are busy...tending to 4 kids...scratch that...5 kids...wait...6 kids (I'm adding myself and Jared into the kid/parent ratio)...So when you and Danielle-o decide to put down the baby bottles and pick up the computer I'm sure the rest of us who patiently await your next update would appreciate it.

love you goodbye.